Monday, June 6, 2011

Finally, Back in Brunswick

A parting rainbow over Tavistock Place
The ending day's glow on the chimney tops from our Bloomsbury balcony
La Professoressa on the balcony

A week since we arrived home, our usual Women in Black vigil this Saturday, our dear friends, Jane and Ann, bringing over a wiggling Cello on the day we arrived, continued texts from Lepa and with every word about the nationalists in the streets of Belgrade, I think of our friends there, always I will see behind the headlines and see their faces, feel their bodies, sit once again with them in the night, trying to make sense of desire and launching projects of hope. What a journey we had, and to all who found me in these days, in the streets of London, New York or Belgrade, or Brighton, in the halls of SOAS, School of Oriental and African Studies, for all you gave me, us, for all I learned, I thank you with all my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment